Pumpkin Spice Party Mix
This exquisite blend features 8 cups of sweetened rice cereal kissed with a dash of cinnamon, perfectly complemented by the satisfying crunch of PLANTERS® Dry Roasted Peanuts. Real butter and rich brown sugar unite with a touch of pumpkin pie spice and fragrant vanilla, infusing each bite with the cozy taste of autumn. The pièce de résistance is the inclusion of PLANTERS® Pumpkin Spice Almonds, delivering an extra layer of autumnal perfection.
- 8 cups sweetened rice cereal with cinnamon
- 2 cups PLANTERS® Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 package (12-ounce) white vanilla baking chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup PLANTERS® Pumpkin Spice Almonds
- Autumn mix candy, as desired
- Place cereal and peanuts in large microwavable bowl; set aside.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High 30 to 45 seconds or until melted; stir in brown sugar and 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice. Microwave uncovered on HIGH about 1 minute or until smooth and bubbly. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal in bowl; stir until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after each minute, until cereal is glazed and toasted; leave in bowl, and set aside.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 45 seconds; stir. Continue heating in 15-second intervals, stirring vigorously after each, until chips are melted and stirred smooth.
- Pour melted chips over cereal in bowl; stir until well coated. Transfer cereal to large food-storage plastic bag or container; add powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 20 minutes. Add almonds and candy, as desired.