Back to All RecipesBack to All Recipes
Peanut Sauce with Grilled Chicken Satay
These savory skewers of marinated grilled chicken served with a homemade peanut sauce are a delicious game day appetizer or meal.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours, 30 minutes
- 1 ¼ cups PLANTERS® Dry Roasted Peanuts, divided
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Peanut Sauce
- Suggested toppings: Chopped green onions and chopped peanuts.
- Place 1 cup peanuts and oil in food processor and process until they form a smooth paste. Add lime juice, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth. Add water if desired to achieve sauce consistency.
- Chop remaining ¼ cup peanuts.
- Stir some of the chopped peanuts into sauce and garnish with remaining chopped peanuts.
- Serve with Chicken Satay.
- In medium bowl, combine coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and fish sauce. Transfer mixture to a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Drain chicken from the marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken onto skewers. Brush with canola oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165°F, about 12-15 minutes. Serve with peanut sauce and suggested toppings.