Nana’s Spiced Nuts
This nut mix is a flavor explosion! A sweet and spicy blend of brown sugar, Chinese 5 spice powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper coats a mixture of crunchy nuts. It’s the perfect snack for those who love bold and adventurous flavors.
Recipe by Hanna Ray Flores & Lea Raymond
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups PLANTERS® Mixed Nuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large skillet, over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, 5 spice powder, cumin and cayenne. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Add nuts, stirring to coat. Transfer mixture to prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until nuts are toasted. Cool.