Back to All RecipesBack to All Recipes
Game Day Cheese Ball
This easy to make appetizer is a delicious showstopper for any game day watch party! A base of cream cheese and sour cream is covered in mixed nuts and seasonings to create a visual and culinary masterpiece.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours, 15 minutes
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup chopped PLANTERS® Mixed Nuts
- 2 slices white cheese such as provolone
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream together cream cheese and sour cream. Mix in shredded cheese, ranch seasoning, bacon, ¼ cup green onions, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Place cheese mixture on top of plastic wrap. Mold cheese mixture into a football shape, covering with plastic wrap to help hold shape. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- In shallow dish or plate, mix together chopped nuts and remaining 2 tablespoons chopped green onions.
- Unwrap cheese ball and roll in nut mixture. Gently press mixture into the cheese ball.
- Slice white cheese slices into long, thin strips. Lay them across the cheese ball to resemble a football.