Back to All RecipesBack to All Recipes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Oil for frying
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup PLANTERS® Deluxe Lightly Salted Whole Cashews
- Chopped green onions, sesame seeds, steamed broccoli and cooked white rice for serving, if desired
- In small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, sriracha, ginger and garlic. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, salt and paprika. Remove half of the flour mixture to a shallow pie plate. Add water to remaining flour mixture in bowl, stirring to create a batter.
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 1-inch oil. Dredge chicken pieces in dry flour mixture; then dip in batter mixture. Fry chicken pieces 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy. Remove chicken to paper towel lined plate. Drain excess oil from skillet.
- In same skillet, over medium-high heat, combine cooked chicken pieces, reserved hoisin mixture, and cashews. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring to combine, until garlic is fragrant and mixture is heated through.
- Serve with green onions, sesame seeds, steamed broccoli and cooked white rice, if desired.