Back to All RecipesBack to All Recipes
BBQ Taquitos with Cashew Queso
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (16-ounce) package LLOYD’S® Pecanwood Smoked & Seasoned Pulled Pork with Pig Beach Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 CHI-CHI’S® Flour Fajita Style Tortillas
Queso and assembly
- 1 cup PLANTERS® Deluxe Whole Cashews
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large straight-sided skillet, heat 1/2-inch oil over medium heat until it reaches 375°F.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix pulled pork, cheddar and cream cheese together until combined.
- Spread roughly 1/4 cup of pork mixture evenly over tortillas. Roll up each tortilla and place
onto a baking sheet, seam-side-down.
- Working in batches, fry tortillas seam-side-down, turning occasionally, until golden-brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to let drain.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cashews, water, yeast and garlic. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Garnish queso and taquitos with cilantro. Serve and enjoy.