Back to All RecipesBack to All Recipes
Apple Cheddar and Pecan Bread
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (5-ounce) package APPLEGATE ORGANICS® Mild Cheddar Cheese, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, plus 1 small Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup PLANTERS® Roasted Pecans, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- For herb butter: In a small bowl, combine butter, thyme and rosemary. Set aside for brushing bread.
- For bread: Heat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together until combined. Stir in cheese until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, until combined, about 2 minutes. Fold in apple pieces, 1/2 cup pecans, and applesauce until combined. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Place remaining pecans and apple slices decoratively on top of batter. Brush with herb butter. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.